Friday 8 May 2009

Variety is the spice of life.

Like WAAAG ROOTS I thought I would post my 5 favourite things about War…

1. Realm versus Realm
One of my previous games was Eve Online, which has an excellent balance of PvP and PvE content. The only problem is the PvP is for keeps, you die and days/weeks of work can go down the pan and the game punishes you for even a small amount of ‘taking your eye off the ball’. Though this makes for heart in mouth PvP, as a casual player it can become quite expensive in in-game money. 

The RvR in War feels more like a first person shooter game, but with more character progression and skills.

2. Start game = End game
I love the fact that right from level one I can get involved in open realm versus realm, join scenarios and play this way all the way through to and beyound the level cap.

3. Experience from killing players
I am surprised it has not been done in other games eons ago.

4. Variety
Before War I was playing Age of Conan and I did not experience any of the crashes which plagued other players. I loved the lore, combat and heart of the game and only tried War to see what all the hype was about. The sheer variety of game play and multiple paths to the level cap completely drew me in and I never went back.

I love the fact that all my alts can have completely different experience's while levelling from multiple zones, questing, public quests, scenarios and realm versus realm.

5. Mythic
Like the Eve Online developers they seem to be players too and try to react to issues quickly. Video podcasts constantly have developers star in them. That coupled with Paul Barnett putting himself on the front line helps you feel closer to War's creators.

No comments:

Post a Comment